Decor, General, Home & Garden

Narumi Pioneer

I bought a set of china in an antique mall in Alabama in the late 90s. The stamp on the underside of the dishes says that the china is from Narumi (Mikassa) and the pattern is Pioneer. I’ve searched for ages, but I’ve never been able to confirm this pattern ever actually existed, and I’ve never seen another piece anywhere. I’d like to start using it more often, but I’m terrified I’ll break a piece and have no hope of replacing it.

This entry was posted in: Decor, General, Home & Garden
Tagged with: , ,

by

Full-time entrepreneur, part-time ukulele plinker, occasional photographer, skin care fanatic, slightly over-sized clothes horse, moderately-successful gardener, unapologetic crazy cat lady, creative soapmaker, happy hen keeper, and enthusiastic birdwatcher. I bake nice cakes, but can’t find a hat to fit.

11 Comments

• Fig & Pen says

Thank you! I’d like to find out more about it, but I seem to have the only set in the world.

1. Karen says

Wow, that’s a gorgeous piece. I’ve not seen that pattern before.

• Fig & Pen says

Thank you! I’m still looking for more information about it, but it doesn’t seem to exist outside of my house.

2. Dean says

Im going thru an enormous amount of estate items from my family and have a service for six tea set of this pattern, which has the teapot, cups and saucers, side plates, the creamer. I have the sugar bowl lid, but have not yet located the dish. Im pretty sure I’ll locate that. If you’re interested in finding out more, email me soon. I will be ebaying this set in about a week.

• Fig & Pen says

Thank you, Dean! Please keep me posted on your auction!

3. Dean says

if you cannot view my email it is royalracer at yahoo dot com

4. Nancy says

I was going through some of my mom’s things (she is 89) and this is the set of China an uncle brought to her from overseas in the early 1950’s. Did you ever find a value attached to it?

• Fig & Pen says

Hi Nancy,
      I never found out any more about it. Does yours have any other markings on it?

5. Pat Smith says

I have a box full of this pattern. It appears to be a service for 10. Have you found out anything more about it?

• Fig & Pen says

Hi Pat,
      Not a thing, unfortunately. Can you see any other markings on yours? I would love to know more about this china, but there doesn’t seem to be much information out there.

Comments are closed.